A best bidet toilet seat is the ultimate embodiment of luxury when it comes to restrooms. It leaves you all cleaned up and refreshed after using it, without requiring any effort on your part. Using emollient jet streams of warm water, they tend to your underside with the highest hygiene standards.
No matter how hard you may wipe when using dry toilet paper, you can never get the level of cleanliness obtainable through washing with water. Neither can you obtain from the use of dry toilet paper the same level of comfort you can get from washing with water streams coming at you with controllable temperature and pressure.
Bidets have been around for over a century, but advancements in technology in recent times have made them more appropriate for use today than their initial cruder forms. Today’s bidets are easy to install and use. In fact, most of the 10 best bidet toilet seats in this review come with highly useful features that you probably don’t know about. Our picks include those that run with electric power and those that don’t; models with various nozzle designs; those designed for round or elongated toilets; plus more.
This dossier also highlights the things you need to consider in order to make the most suitable pick when shopping for toilet bidet seats.
Why Our Picks Have Sat Well with Us
In the course of composing this review, we’ve had to sort through a boatload of information pertaining to the features and functions of bidet toilet seats. As such, we’ve done most of the groundwork for people who’re only just getting to learn about bidets.
The models that we’ve selected are creme de la creme items, and they also offer the best value for your money. They come packed with an impressive range of features, including deodorizers, pressure and temperature control settings, and self-washing features. They clean your underside with uttermost tenderness, while also promote environmentally-benign toilet usage.
Our picks also stand out in terms of water volume (the amount of liquid which the seat spurts) control. Another key consideration that influenced our choice is the product’s warranty. All our products are covered by warranties spanning many years.
Best 10 Bidet Toilet Seats of 2019
Luxe Neo 120 – Best Value Bidet Seat
This product is right up the alley of those who want to have the bidet experience without digging deep into their pockets. In addition to providing you with basic bidet features at a lower cost, it also negates the need to remove your existing toilet seat. The Neo 120 provides you with a control panel and nozzle, without the lead and seat that comes with most bidet seats. As such, it comes at a relatively lower cost while also providing you with washing functions that regulate the spurts of water through a nozzle.
The device doesn’t require electricity to work. It jets out fresh water supply through its single nozzle feature. All it takes to get it up and running is to join the attachment with a toilet seat already in place and then connect the standard braided hose.
- Doesn’t require electricity to run
- Provides you with all the basic functions of a bidet seat, without a seat
- Installation is a breeze
- The pressure adjustment may not be adequate, resulting in strong jets even at the lowest level
Smartbidet SB-1000 – Best Smart Bidet Seat
With a battery of functionalities, this model gives you a greater span of control over the washing and cleaning process. It also helps you use a toilet in a more environmentally friendly manner in more ways than one. In addition to helping you minimize the use of toilet paper produced from trees and the waste you leave behind when using toilet paper, it also saves up on energy consumption when not in use through an energy saving mode.
To further enhance the convenience of use, this model also allows you to control its functions remotely through remote control. You can use the remote control if you don’t want to get your hands soiled. Its range of functions includes a water pressure control, water temperature control, and nozzle position setting. The model also provides an adjustable warm air dryer at your disposal.
- Control settings for water temperature and pressure
- Energy saving mode that activates when the model is on standby
- An adjustable warm air dryer
- Its water pressure might wane after about a year’s use.
Toto Washlet C100 – Best Feature-packed Model
For a relatively higher price, this model offers you an advanced range of functionalities, including the ones you never knew you needed. This wider range of features combines to imbue the model with greater versatility and adaptability.
This toto bidet toilet seat dispenses jet streams with dual nozzles which oscillate back and forth for a wider and more even coverage. There’s also a pre-mist function that moistens the bowl to enhance its use and also ease cleaning afterward. With its ergonomic design, you can easily reach the controls before, during, and after use.
Its a wide range of features also include individual temperature control settings for water as well as the heated seat. And to further enhance convenience, the seat also comes with self-cleaning feature, an air dryer, and air deodorizer.
- Dual nozzles that oscillate to cover a wider area more evenly
- Separate temperature control settings for water and the heated seat.
- The seat also comes with a self-cleaning feature and air dryer to further minimize the effort needed on your part.
- The product might become prone to water leakages over time.
Brondell Swash 1000 bidet toilet seat – Best Budget Seat
The company that revolutionised bidet toilet seats is now offering the best bidet experience possible at a low-end price. This model provides more than just the basics of bidet seats, giving users an impressive span of control over their restroom experience.
You can rest assured of washing with water at a comfortable temperature thanks to the model’s tankless water heating system. There are also a plethora of temperature and pressure settings to give you optimal control over your user experience. To leave you feeling all the more refreshed after use, the seat also comes with a warm air dryer.
The nozzles are made of stainless steel— a reflection of high sanitary standards. The nozzles are also adjustable to allow for better coverage, and they also come with a self-washing mechanism which activates after use.
All these impressive features can also be accessed through a remote controller. The model is also as easy to install as it is to use. Without any plumbing expertise, and with a set of basic tools, you can get the bidet all locked and loaded for action within 30 minutes.
- Great value-to-price ratio for a low-cost product
- A durable body build
- Remote controller that gives access to all its control features
- Nozzles with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal self-cleaning function
- The seat might develop cracks before its warranty expires..
GenieBidet Seat – Best Non-Electric Bidet Seat
If you’re up for a much simpler bidet set up, then non-electric bidet seats are ideal for you. In this category, this GenieBidet seat rules the rooster. It eliminates the need for wire harnesses but provides most of the critical features available in electric bidets, including adjustable pressure and temperature controls.
Its thorough-going washing action is enabled by its dual retractable nozzles that lets you adjust the direction of the jet stream for a customized experience. This retractable dual nozzle design makes it easier to clean specific areas to make for more personalized usage.
- Adjustable temperature and pressure control settings
- A retractable dual nozzle that makes it easier to target specific areas when washing
- Provides the key functions of electric bidet seats without electrical power requirements
- Given the model’s angled seating and the fact that it’s smaller than a standard elongated seat, it makes for less comfort especially for large users.
Astor Bidet Fresh Water Spray Non-Electric Bidet – Best Easy-to-Install Mechanical Bidet
With this model, you can transform your standard toilet into one with a bidet in just a few minutes, without the need for special tools, plumbing skills, or electrical connections. This model washes your underside with sprays of fresh water, helping you achieve the highest standards of personal hygiene down there, in an environmentally friendly manner.
To further promote the level of personal hygiene when in use, the model washes through a spray nozzle that extends automatically when the water spray is turned on and retracts automatically after use. The water temperature and pressure are adjustable through a highly flexible control setting.
Within 10 -20 minutes, you can install this model in between the toilet seat and rim of a two-piece unit. You’ll have all the bolts and screws you need along with an installation instruction manual all shipped out with the package.
- It works only with water pressure, negating the need for electrical connections
- Installation can be performed with 10 – 20 minutes without any special tools or plumbing skills
- Uses brass valves that have a longer lifespan than ceramic valves used in most bidets.
- Adjustable water pressure control settings
- Due to the angle of the seats, the water spray can escape between the toilet and toilet seats, leaving a mess behind after use.
Kohler Puretide – Best Round Bidet Seat
If your toilet has the regular round profile, and you don’t intend on altering that, then you’d definitely want to go for a round bidet seat. Not only is this model ideal for traditional style bathrooms, but it also negates the need for special tools and plumbing skills when installing, using, and maintaining. Installation can be done in a jiffy by just about anyone. It comes with a self-cleaning wand that basically eliminates any maintenance needs.
With the Quick-Attach hardware feature, you can always clean your toilet without a hassle. This feature allows you to pull the bidet seat off the toilet when cleaning. As such, you can easily clean out every nook between the seat and the toilet. There are also no electric hookups or batteries cluttering around the seat since it is manually operated.
- Installation can be done in a jiffy without special tools or plumbing skills
- A self-cleaning mechanism that takes care of its maintenance needs
- Grip-Tight bumpers that provide extra support for the seat when in use.
- Measuring only 9.75” long, the seat’s opening doesn’t provide enough coverage for large people.
SmarterFresh Handheld Bidet Sprayer -Best Hose-Style Bidet
A state-of-the-art model, the sight of this sprayer over a toilet hanging hook, gives full assurance of the highest sanitary standards. The Smarterfresh hand-held bidet sprayer comes either in a stainless steel or brass makeover that gives it an elegant look. The entire build is a highly durable makeup with an elegant finish.
But this model is as functional as it is stylish, with an easy-to-use thumb trigger that gives you optimum control over the water volume and pressure used in washing. The 4-feet-long hose gives you ample allowance to wield the nozzle when washing. The product is fairly light yet compact, allowing you to wield and point it easily at the target area when using it.
Installing this model is a cake walk. Everything you need for the installation comes with the package, including the installation instruction manual. After installing it in a breeze, you can rest assured that the product will serve you steadfastly in its humble capacity.
- With its simple trigger, you can easily control the pressure of water when spraying
- An elegant stainless steel finish on a highly durable body
- Lightweight and compact form factor, making for easy wielding
- You must reach under the toilet to turn off the water source to the bidet every time after you use or risk hardware failure or damage from flooding.
- The manufacturers are not liable for hardware failures and flooding caused due to improper turning off.
American Standard AquaWash Sea – Best Elongated Bidet Seat
For elongated toilets, you must use an elongated bidet toilet seat. This model fits in squarely and securely on elongated toilets. With a sleek form factor, this model elevates the modern look of your toilet. It runs mechanically but provides you with all the key functions of electric bidet seats. Slow close hinges protect the seat from slams for quieter close and to preserve its lifespan.
This elongated bidet toilet seat allows you to adjust the spray patterns based on your unique physique with its detachable nozzles. The model operates mechanically with water pressure, and not electric power. You can easily remove the detachable nozzles when cleaning the toilet to clean more thoroughly. Besides, the nozzles have a self-cleaning mechanism. There’s also a lift-off button that you can push to remove the seat for easier cleaning.
- Sprays through dual detachable nozzles and with adjustable pressure
- A chic telescoping lid design that conceals the ring
- Slow close hinges that prevent slamming of the seat
- Breezy top mount installation
- Lift-off button that allows for easier removal and cleaning
- Water pressure reduces over time
- The package might come with missing or misfit parts
Bio Bidet Ultimate BB600 Elongated Advanced Bidet Seat – Best Washlet bidet
The BB600 is the archetype of luxury bidet seats. It packs a punch of impressive features, including cycling front and rear sprays that make for a nearly unmatched coverage, anti-bacterial materials, and a massage feature. It gives you full control over the water temperature and pressure as well as the angle of the jet stream.
The dual action nozzles also operate with an aerated bubble technology that further enhances the refreshing feel of the cleaning experience. There’s also an air dry feature that comes with adjustable settings. Every setting is accompanied by a selection of lights that indicate the status and level of the settings.
The model is also a heated toilet seat bidet that allows for relatively greater comfort and convenience of use. With a simple touch of a button, you can activate various washing modes, including the oscillating and massaging modes, auto wash, kid’s wash, etc.
- Provides nearly every feature available in high-end models at a relatively cheaper cost
- A heated toilet seat bidet for a warm, cozy cleansing experience
- Easy to install and use
- Oscillating dual nozzle spray for wider and even coverage
- Needs a dedicated wiring, otherwise, it might cause your bathroom light to flicker.
Best Bidet Seat Buyers Guide
Types Of Bidet Seats
Bidets have been around since the turn of the 20th century. They came initially in separate standalone models that were installed next to a toilet which takes up significant space within the toilet. Although this type of bidet is still used today, it’s only second best in comparison to modern bidets in terms of cost-effectiveness and space efficiency.
Bidets can be categorized based on specific attributes. First, they can be grouped based on their form factor. Under this categorization, we have:
- Portable bidets: Basically a bottle and its dispenser containing water or any solution.
- Bidet attachments: Is attached underneath the seat of a regular toilet. It provides many of the basic features of a bidet.
- Hand-held bidet sprayer: As the name implies, this type is operated through a handle that allows you to point and maneuver the nozzle when using.
- Bidet toilet seats: This is a toilet seat that’s integrated with bidet functionalities. The most popular ones are the heated toilet seat bidets, which come with settings for adjusting the temperature of the seats.
Another criterion for grouping bidets is their method of operation. Bidets are grouped into two categories: Electric and mechanical.
- Electric bidet seats: Powered by electricity, these are usually the most advanced type of bidets because they come with a wider range of features.
- Mechanical bidets: The advantage that this type has over its electric cousin is that it doesn’t require electricity to operate, and is, therefore, easier to install and use.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Bidet Toilet Seat
The profile of your toilet (round or elongated) is a crucial determinant of the type of bidet seat best suited for you. You need to ensure that your toilet’s dimensions match that of your bidet seat. You also need to check the thickness of the seat to ensure they can lean back towards the tank to prevent overbalancing and to keep the seats from slamming shut.
The bidet’s material is another important factor that can impact your cleansing experience. The two common bidet seat materials are plastic and wood. These materials also come in different grades— some grades of plastics come with special treatments, and wooden bidet seats can be made from molded wood with laminate finish and treated solid wood.
Heated bidet toilet seats come with adjustable temperature settings for the seat. Most bidet seats that lack this feature come with temperature control for the water spray in the very least.
Anti-Bacterial and Anti-fungal treatments:
Some bidet seats come with materials that are treated for anti-bacteria and anti-fungal qualities that prevent stains as well as mold and mildew buildups. Some also come with anti-bacterial self-cleaning mechanisms. In addition to preventing the spread of harmful bacteria, the anti-bacterial treatment can also prevent the spread of bad odors emanating from the presence of bacteria.
Pulling off a Bidet Toilet Installation Without Breaking a Sweat
Every one of the 10 best bidet toilet seats reviewed above are designed for breezy installation. The biggest challenge will most likely come from the electrical connection. And many of the 10 best bidet toilet seats we’ve reviewed do not run on electricity yet they provide most of the key features of electric bidet seats.
Every model comes with its own unique installation manual. However, there are parallels. Basically, installation steps are usually as follows:
- Turn off the toilet’s water supply
- Remove the water supply hose at the tank’s base
- Take out the old toilet seat, and then attach the bidet’s mounting plate on the toilet.
- Join the supplied ‘T’ or ‘Y’ connector to the supply hose and bidet supply hose and then fix it back into the tank
- Fix the bidet seat to the mounting plate
- Plug power cord into an outlet (if it applies) and turn the toilet water supply back on.
How to Hit the Ground Running with Your Newly Installed Bidet
You want your bidet to leave your underside squeaky clean and feeling refreshed. Several studies prove that the warm, smooching jet streams from bidets are far more hygienic than the coarse abrasions of toilet paper. But that doesn’t relegate toilet paper completely from the list of useful toiletries; they can be used for drying after you wash with the bidet. On the other hand, many of the 10 best bidet toilet seats we’ve reviewed come with air dryers that blow you dry with a simple push of a button.
Each bidet operates with some nuances, although all of them uphold the highest hygiene standards when doing the deed. Some models give you a thorough wash while you remain in your seated position, and others require you to move around a bit to point the jet stream in the right direction.
To use a bidet toilet seat, mount on the toilet seat either facing or backing the controls. Set the temperature and water pressure at a comfortable level, and then sit back and let the bidet do its thing. If your model comes with a remote, you can have the temperature and pressure settings in place before hand.
Can one model of a bidet toilet seat be installed on any toilet?
A Any bidet toilet seat model can match most two-piece toilets and some one-piece toilets. But toilets with rectangular-shaped seats or seats with irregular shapes are a misfit for most bidet seats.
Should the electrical outlet be positioned close by?
The outlet you use needs to be close to the back of or directly behind the toilet.
Can I use an extension socket if the wall outlet isn’t close by?
It’s advisable to install a new outlet for the bidet.
What’s the best way to clean a bidet seat?
You should aim to clean your bidet seat at least once per week. You can use bleach to clean and sanitize your bidet effectively. To clean, spray water over the bidet, and then scrub all parts of the bidet, except the nozzles, with a brush dipped in a moderate mixture of bleach, water, and any other washing material. Brush the nozzle with ordinary water. Scrub the basin, especially the underside of the rim.
Ready to Take the Plunge on Bidet Toilet Seats?
Bidets are fast transitioning from luxury items to restroom basics. Today, they’re available at an affordable price, although there are still many high-end models. Nevertheless, there’s hardly any user who doesn’t appreciate the convenience and high sanitary standards which bidets provide.
For people with limited mobility, bidet toilet seats can be a real saving grace in the restroom. The models with remote control allow for even greater flexibility of use.
With the models in the 10 best bidet toilet seats review above, you achieve the highest possible sanitary standards in the restroom without having to lift a singer finger while washing.